Hudson Valley Casting is a full service casting company located in New Paltz, NY who has had interns from SUNY New Paltz for the past 5 years! They seek digital media management, production, journalism, or communication studies students that are interested in talent scouting and casting business.
For more information, visit https://www.hudsonvalleycasting.com/
To apply, send a resume and letter of interest to Heidi Ecklund at email@example.com.
Campus minister Allison Moore, with Chaplain Michelle Ledesma-Baer, director of the Student Christian Center, are seeking a communications/media intern to raise the visibility of the campus Food Pantry and expand progressive Christian ministry beyond the Food Pantry, into food sustainability, food justice, cooking classes, nutrition workshops, etc.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to document work–all accounts, all passwords, necessary info to hand off to a new intern next semester
- Be well-organized
- Be attentive to detail
The Teller Magazine is seeking contributors for their Fall 2022 Issue themed, Passion ! The Teller is accepting of all types of work across disciplines including essays, photography, music playlists, poetry, collages, and so much more !
The Department of Communication offers electives in each of its three concentrations on a 3-semester rotation. This means that you should enroll as soon as you see an elective that fits your concentration (for instance, Leadership & Communication, Training & Development, Negotiation, Conflict Management, Communication & Gender, Perceptions of Diversity in Communication, Crisis, Risk & Disaster Communication, etc.) because it may not be offered again for another three semesters.
For Spring 2023, the department is offering: Nonverbal Communication, Conflict Management, Crisis, Risk & Disaster Communication, Communication & Gender, and a special topics course: Talk, Technology & Society.
The Department of Communication is pleased to announce that Professor Stellina Chapman has taken the position of full-time lecturer for the 2022-23 academic year. You may recognize Prof. Chapman from her strategic communications courses and work in cross-cultural communication studies. Continue reading
It is Firelight’s mission to mentor our interns and give them the skills and experience to be the next generation of film, media, and arts administration professionals. Our internship program will give dedicated and driven participants the opportunity to assist our Firelight Media and Firelight Films teams with a variety of projects depending on their area of interest. Opportunities include the production and development of documentary film projects; graphic design and social video production; fundraising and arts administration, and more.
Lord Abbett is a leading asset manager serving clients worldwide. Their purpose—securing a sustainable future for their clients, their people, and their world—fuels everything they do. Their clients trust Lord Abbett to manage approximately $250 billion in assets across a diverse set of investment strategies and vehicles. Inspired by Lord Abbett’s “dream big, work hard, have fun” principle, employees thrive in their vibrant culture and deliver lasting impact to clients and their communities.
The Redwing Blackbird Theater is looking for an intern for this spring with an interest in increasing the visibility of RBT. Social media interests and experience are definitely a plus!
Internship can be completed virtually or in-person when social distancing can be observed.
Redwing Blackbird Theater is based on Main St. in Rosendale, NY with a local, national & international presence.
Intern responsibilities might include but not limited to:
- Website updates to redwingblackbirdtheater.com (hosted by Squarespace)
- Instagram updates — @redwing.blackbird.theater
- Regular list serve updates & mailings
- Promotion of socially distanced puppet museum tours for small family “pods,” with a focus on homeschoolers & their parents
- New grant proposal writing & ongoing grant fulfillment reporting
To apply, email Amy Trompetter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing internship for Hale Advisors
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern to join our team and help facilitate with our organization’s project goals. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of daily routines and procedures to help our team run efficiently.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Research and various writing assignments
- Have a love of Digital Marketing and an excitement to learn more
- Facilitate in content creation for clients
- Continuous updating on client projects
- Social Media monitoring and posting
- Research creative holiday gifts to then order, organize and send to clients during the holiday season
- Assisting on any other projects to help support the staff
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be above 18 years old and enrolled in an accredited university, preferably in business, marketing, journalism, or public relations
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and eager to take on new projects and ideas
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired company and project goals
Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA): Our standard non-disclosure agreement must be signed prior to start.
Send resume, cover letter and a writing sample to Marie Hull email@example.com before Nov. 9 to be considered
The Teller magazine, a SUNY New Paltz art and lifestyle publication, is currently looking for contributors for their October issue, which is themed Reformation.
The magazine consists of a large lifestyle portion, as well as literature and art. Each issue is themed and is divided into the following sections: Adventure & Culture, Home, Health & Wellness, Home, Fashion & Beauty, Food, and Literature & Art (includes poetry, short stories, photography, art, playlists, etc.). Their archive of past issues can be found here
They have a rotating set of contributing writers and no set writing staff so each issue is completely unique. Any SUNY New Paltz student is welcome to contribute.
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.