The first day of classes for the Summer 2023 session is May 31. This means that in order to intern this summer, you need to find and secure a placement by May 31. Your internship doesn’t need to begin exactly on May 31, but you must have the placement secured with Internship Coordinator Nancy Heiz. For more information on the summer schedule, click here.
G&S Business Communications is looking to hire undergraduate interns for a paid Market Communicator position. Internship will take place in New York City over Summer 2022. Continue reading
Central Hudson Gas and Electric Corporation is seeking Summer 2022 Interns ! This a paid position from June 1, 2022 – August 5, 2022. Continue reading
Marina Maher Communications, a NYC-based marketing and public relations agency focusing on marketing towards women, is seeking summer interns ! Some of these positions are paid !
Lord Abbett is a leading asset manager serving clients worldwide. Their purpose—securing a sustainable future for their clients, their people, and their world—fuels everything they do. Their clients trust Lord Abbett to manage approximately $250 billion in assets across a diverse set of investment strategies and vehicles. Inspired by Lord Abbett’s “dream big, work hard, have fun” principle, employees thrive in their vibrant culture and deliver lasting impact to clients and their communities.
Summer courses are a great way to catch up or get ahead with credits. All summer courses are offered online, which means that you can complete them from anywhere you have internet service. This summer the Communication department is offering the following classes:
- CMM 214 Storytelling and Culture
- CMM 355 Nonverbal Communication, taught by Stellina Chapman
- CMM 359 Communication Among Cultures, taught by Stellina Chapman
- LIN 413 Sociolinguistics, taught by Oksana Laleko
Registration for the summer session opens on April 12. You do not need your advisor’s permission to register for summer courses. Be sure to check the start and end dates of each class on the Summer 2021 schedule of classes.
Visit the Summer site: https://newpaltz.edu/summer/
Historic Huguenot Street is looking for an intern to start immediately on this 1-credit internship. This internship is reserved for a student who has already completed an internship and does not need the internship seminar.
To ensure that the museum’s new virtual programming is accessible to a wide audience, Historic Huguenot Street needs help with video captioning, alt-text descriptions on social media and its website, and more. This would be a short-term project (40 to 50 hours) working remotely. This is an unpaid volunteer position, and interns must have their own access to a computer and WiFi. Work starts immediately and the department hopes to have it completed before the end of June.
Please email email@example.com with your qualifications. Must have prior knowledge in social-media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Pine Ridge Dude Ranch is looking for interns for the fall, and possibly the summer. Interns will be in charge of social media and marketing, and will help manage the ranch’s online presence.
Pine Ridge Dude Ranch is a vacation spot located in Kerhonkson, NY.
To apply, email Mike Offner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Redd Said Fred is looking for interns for the summer and fall. These internships are focused on communications and public relations.
Redd Said Fred is creative studio designing well curated interiors and product lines to articulate a solutions-based approach towards sustainability, wellness, community, and authenticity.
POSITION: PR/ Communications
DESCRIPTION: Redd Said Fred is looking for a creative, self-starter to assist in marketing and communication efforts. The intern will work alongside the owners.
• Update social media accounts with fresh content to improve engagement and outreach
• Conduct research to find articles and stories relevant to our core values and interests
• Distribute flyers, graphics and other marketing material for major events
• Update website
• Handle online inquiries appropriately
• Update and track our blog subscribers list
• Track social media interaction and fanbase growth and provide owner with monthly updates
• Provides assistance with special events
• Takes photographs of completed spaces
• Interest in interior design, visual merchandising and event planning
• Interest in photography and has experience using a camera
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communications
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration with the team
• Be flexible and willing to take on other tasks in this start-up environment
• Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Facebook and Instagram) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• An entrepreneurial attitude
• Experience with website management
• Experience in writing blogs or educational social media posts
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
To apply, email Brooke Nelson at email@example.com
Kingston Design Connection is looking for interns for summer and fall.
For summer, they are looking for:
Two students to work with our marketing team to support new video series in partnership with Chronogram magazine and other marketing activities for the Kingston Design Showhouse.
For fall, they are looking for:
Three to five students to work with our marketing team to support the 2020 Kingston Design Showhouse and special events.
To apply, email Maryline Damour, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Jessica Williams, email@example.com.