Breast Cancer Options, a non-profit advocacy group based in Kingston, NY, is seeking help from an unpaid intern with public relations/strategic communications and outreach. This internship involves all aspects of PR including media, PR online, flyers and brochures, event planning and organization, etc.
Target is hiring for internship and full time roles!
As an executive team leader, you will work in a fun and energetic environment as you lead their store teams to deliver on their mission to bring joy to guests. You’ll use retail fundamentals and critical thinking skills to effectively problem solve, eliminate roadblocks, and create efficiencies for your team. You’ll lead one of their core departments and work through your team of hourly leaders and team members to drive a guest obsessed shopping experience.
Sherwin Williams is offering paid internship positions with limitless opportunities upon graduation! Gain hands-on experience in management, sales, operations, and communications while delivering meaningful customer experiences.
In a special topics course CMM393 Talk, Technology and Society, Professor SoeYoon Choi will explore issues surrounding human communication that are driven by the development and adoption of communication technology, such as the Internet, mobile phone, and artificial intelligence.
Students will learn the role of technology use in rethinking privacy, equal opportunity, and happiness in this 3-credit course. See the Spring schedule for details.
Marina Maher Communications, a NYC-based marketing and public relations agency focusing on marketing towards women, is seeking summer interns ! Some of these positions are paid !
Lord Abbett is a leading asset manager serving clients worldwide. Their purpose—securing a sustainable future for their clients, their people, and their world—fuels everything they do. Their clients trust Lord Abbett to manage approximately $250 billion in assets across a diverse set of investment strategies and vehicles. Inspired by Lord Abbett’s “dream big, work hard, have fun” principle, employees thrive in their vibrant culture and deliver lasting impact to clients and their communities.
The Pulitzer Center is looking for Outreach and Communications interns for a 12-month paid internship, starting in January 2021 and ending in December 2021.
This is a remote internship, but with the possibility of working at their headquarters in Washington, D.C., when the city reopens.
- Build and post stories from journalist grantees for their website
- Assist with event coordination and participate in events and webinars
- Research and write “Behind the Story” profiles about journalist grantees
- Write and post blogs’ updates related to reporting content, events, and news about the Pulitzer Center
- Support production of multimedia and related media assets of journalists’ projects
- Contribute to and maintain online profiles, social networking sites and channels (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube)
- Assist in design and distribution of event flyers and promotional materials
- Additional responsibilities as required
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A passion for news, with a demonstrated interest in, and familiarity with, current international affairs
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong writing and editing skills; familiarity with AP Style
- Experience using a content management system such as Drupal or WordPress
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently, along with comfort in a remote work environment
Not required, but desirable skills:
- Graphic design
- Familiarity with HTML
- Video and/or audio production and editing
- Adobe Creative Cloud expertise, with experience in at least one of the following applications: Premiere, Photoshop, and InDesign
*Please note that due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Pulitzer Center is currently working remotely. Candidates should have stable high-speed internet access and a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and microphone. We anticipate returning to the office at least part of the work week once Washington, D.C., safely reopens.*
Interns receive a $2,600 stipend per month.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis, giving an advantage to early applicants. Last day to apply is Monday, October 12, 2020.
Status: Full time, some weekend and evening work may be required
Start Date: January 4, 2021
Pine Ridge Dude Ranch is looking for interns for the fall, and possibly the summer. Interns will be in charge of social media and marketing, and will help manage the ranch’s online presence.
Pine Ridge Dude Ranch is a vacation spot located in Kerhonkson, NY.
To apply, email Mike Offner at email@example.com.
Redd Said Fred is looking for interns for the summer and fall. These internships are focused on communications and public relations.
Redd Said Fred is creative studio designing well curated interiors and product lines to articulate a solutions-based approach towards sustainability, wellness, community, and authenticity.
POSITION: PR/ Communications
DESCRIPTION: Redd Said Fred is looking for a creative, self-starter to assist in marketing and communication efforts. The intern will work alongside the owners.
• Update social media accounts with fresh content to improve engagement and outreach
• Conduct research to find articles and stories relevant to our core values and interests
• Distribute flyers, graphics and other marketing material for major events
• Update website
• Handle online inquiries appropriately
• Update and track our blog subscribers list
• Track social media interaction and fanbase growth and provide owner with monthly updates
• Provides assistance with special events
• Takes photographs of completed spaces
• Interest in interior design, visual merchandising and event planning
• Interest in photography and has experience using a camera
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communications
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration with the team
• Be flexible and willing to take on other tasks in this start-up environment
• Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Facebook and Instagram) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• An entrepreneurial attitude
• Experience with website management
• Experience in writing blogs or educational social media posts
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
To apply, email Brooke Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Energize NY is looking for two interns for the summer. Interns will be in charge of “Clean Energy Outreach.”
Energize NY, or Energy Improvement Corporation (EIC), is a New York State non-profit, local development corporation that operates EIC OPEN C-PACE for the benefit of its member municipalities, which include counties and cities across New York State, as well as towns in Westchester County.
To get more information and to apply, email Carolyn at Carolync@energizeny.org