On behalf of the PRSA Foundation, here are scholarships for public relations and communications students.
Many scholarships and awards are available each year to students:
- Axia Public Relations Scholarship – $2,000 – This scholarship awards juniors who demonstrate financial need, experience and passion for public relations, and dedication to professional ethics and excellence.
- Chester Burger Scholarship for Excellence in Public Relations – $1,000 – This scholarship awards graduate students in public relations or journalism interested in careers in corporate public relations.
- John. D. Graham Scholarship – First place $3,000, Two runners-up $1,000 each – This scholarship awards rising seniors who demonstrate leadership, academic achievement, practice experience in internships or work/service, commitment to public relations, and writing skills.
- Ofield Dukes Multicultural Student Award – $1,000 – This scholarship awards minority students entering their junior year who are preparing for a career in public relations and demonstrate a commitment to service and social responsibility.
- PRSA Diversity Multicultural Scholarship – Two $1,500 awards – This scholarship awards minority students entering their junior or senior years who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and commitment to the practice of public relations.
PRSA also offers additional scholarships exclusive for Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) members. Information about these scholarships is available on our website.
The deadline for most scholarships is April 30, 2022.
Thinking about a Job or an Internship? The Career Resource Center, located in Humanities 105, is a great tool to keep in mind !
The CRC staff is available weekdays 12-4PM via their drop-in hours, which are offered both virtually and in-person.
To schedule an appointment with a Career Coach visit https://www.newpaltz.edu/careers/. Both in-person and virtual appointments are offered ! Continue reading
ATTENTION Juniors & Seniors
Communication and Digital Media and Journalism majors are invited to join the SUNY New Paltz Alpha Alpha Delta Chapter of Lambda Pi Eta.
Lambda Pi Eta is the NationalCommunication Association’s official honor society at four-year colleges and universities. Lambda Pi Eta has more than 500 active chapters at colleges and universities nationwide.
To qualify for membership in the Alpha Alpha Delta Chapter of Lambda Pi Eta you must:
- Be a Junior OR Senior at SUNY New Paltz within the Department ofCommunication OR the Department of DigitalMedia and Journalism.
- Have an overall GPA of 3.25 or higher AND a Major GPA of 3.5 or higher.
2022 Lambda Pi Eta Application
More information regarding Lambda Pi Eta can be found on the Department of Communication’s website, as well as the National Communication Association’s website.
SUNY New Paltz Lambda Pi Eta
National Communication Association Lambda Pi Eta
According to the Association for Talent Development, the global market for training and development topped $370.3 billion worldwide with $169.4 billion in the US alone. A new communication course, CMM430, Training and Development, introduces you to the basics of this field and the place communication has in it. The course focuses on creating face-to-face and eLearning training programs. Using a project-focused approach with actual clients, students will craft actual training and development interventions from the ground up. Students will learn how to juggle multiple projects using basic project management techniques that can apply to both school/personal projects and professional ones.
The three credit course is taught by Jason Wrench as a hybrid course, with in-person instruction on Tuesdays from 5 PM – 6:15 PM and the rest of the work online. There are no prerequisites for this course.
Dr. Jennifer Reilly Bluma has joined SUNY New Paltz as a lecturer in the Communication Department. This semester she is teaching three sections of Public Speaking and one section each of Interpersonal Communication and Storytelling & Culture.
Prof. Bluma earned her Ph. D. in communication from Regent University in 2016 and M.A. in Communication and Culture from Trinity International University in 2010. She holds a B.A. in Leadership Studies/Communication from Palm Beach Atlantic University. Before coming to New Paltz, Prof. Bluma taught at both Concordia University Chicago and Carthage College. Continue reading
The recording is now available for this event here: https://newpaltz.mediasite.suny.edu/Mediasite/Play/31f31645e98b4c16840a5c40a789bc5e1d
Save the Date: Tuesday, October 5 from 4-5 p.m. or 5:15-6:15 p.m.
Location: SUNY New Paltz, Lecture Center Room 100
Topic: Bundling Humans and Nature Together: An Autumn Blanket of Stories Continue reading
If you are a Junior or Senior, it’s time to think about possibly joining the New Paltz chapter of Lambda Pi Eta – the National Communication Association’s Honor Society (Open to all majors in the Department of Communication and Department of Digital Media and Journalism). To qualify for membership in the Alpha Alpha Delta Chapter of Lambda Pi Eta, you must: Continue reading