G&S Business Communications is looking to hire undergraduate interns for a paid Market Communicator position. Internship will take place in New York City over Summer 2022. Continue reading
Immediate Family Marketing, Brooklyn-based record label and digital marketing agency, is looking for interns for spring and summer. We are specifically looking for people with an interest in the music industry and PR/Marketing.
Our company started our own vinyl record label during the pandemic and received our first Latin GRAMMY nomination!
Our intern listings can be found here.
The Redwing Blackbird Theater is looking for an intern for this spring with an interest in increasing the visibility of RBT. Social media interests and experience are definitely a plus!
Internship can be completed virtually or in-person when social distancing can be observed.
Redwing Blackbird Theater is based on Main St. in Rosendale, NY with a local, national & international presence.
Intern responsibilities might include but not limited to:
- Website updates to redwingblackbirdtheater.com (hosted by Squarespace)
- Instagram updates — @redwing.blackbird.theater
- Regular list serve updates & mailings
- Promotion of socially distanced puppet museum tours for small family “pods,” with a focus on homeschoolers & their parents
- New grant proposal writing & ongoing grant fulfillment reporting
To apply, email Amy Trompetter at email@example.com.
Marketing internship for Hale Advisors
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern to join our team and help facilitate with our organization’s project goals. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of daily routines and procedures to help our team run efficiently.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Research and various writing assignments
- Have a love of Digital Marketing and an excitement to learn more
- Facilitate in content creation for clients
- Continuous updating on client projects
- Social Media monitoring and posting
- Research creative holiday gifts to then order, organize and send to clients during the holiday season
- Assisting on any other projects to help support the staff
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be above 18 years old and enrolled in an accredited university, preferably in business, marketing, journalism, or public relations
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and eager to take on new projects and ideas
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired company and project goals
Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA): Our standard non-disclosure agreement must be signed prior to start.
Send resume, cover letter and a writing sample to Marie Hull firstname.lastname@example.org before Nov. 9 to be considered
The Pulitzer Center is looking for Outreach and Communications interns for a 12-month paid internship, starting in January 2021 and ending in December 2021.
This is a remote internship, but with the possibility of working at their headquarters in Washington, D.C., when the city reopens.
- Build and post stories from journalist grantees for their website
- Assist with event coordination and participate in events and webinars
- Research and write “Behind the Story” profiles about journalist grantees
- Write and post blogs’ updates related to reporting content, events, and news about the Pulitzer Center
- Support production of multimedia and related media assets of journalists’ projects
- Contribute to and maintain online profiles, social networking sites and channels (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube)
- Assist in design and distribution of event flyers and promotional materials
- Additional responsibilities as required
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A passion for news, with a demonstrated interest in, and familiarity with, current international affairs
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong writing and editing skills; familiarity with AP Style
- Experience using a content management system such as Drupal or WordPress
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently, along with comfort in a remote work environment
Not required, but desirable skills:
- Graphic design
- Familiarity with HTML
- Video and/or audio production and editing
- Adobe Creative Cloud expertise, with experience in at least one of the following applications: Premiere, Photoshop, and InDesign
*Please note that due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Pulitzer Center is currently working remotely. Candidates should have stable high-speed internet access and a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and microphone. We anticipate returning to the office at least part of the work week once Washington, D.C., safely reopens.*
Interns receive a $2,600 stipend per month.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis, giving an advantage to early applicants. Last day to apply is Monday, October 12, 2020.
Status: Full time, some weekend and evening work may be required
Start Date: January 4, 2021
Human Rights First is looking for a development intern for this semester.
Development intern aids the Development Department in its work to raise the organization’s annual operating budget. The Development Department of Human Rights First creates and implements the organization’s fundraising efforts in both creative and strategic ways. The development intern will be working with the three core teams of the Development Department — donor relations, events and foundations.
- Assist with maintaining database records
- Conduct research on potential donors and Board members
- Provide support in sending mailings and invitations
- Research and summarize potential donor engagement opportunities
- Implement marketing strategies and create marketing materials
- Assist with copy editing and preparing of proposals and reports
- Track deliverables and maintain foundation calendars, as necessary
- Assist Special Events Team in preparation and logistics for events
- Plan and present creative projects and engagement opportunities at events
- Depending on availability, provide assistance at events
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong computer and research skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Event planning experience a plus
- Organized and detail-oriented approach to projects
- Ability to prioritize duties, meet deadlines, and be a team player
- Interest in human rights a plus
- 10-30 hrs/wk
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Emily Finkelstein at email@example.com
Pine Ridge Dude Ranch is looking for interns for the fall, and possibly the summer. Interns will be in charge of social media and marketing, and will help manage the ranch’s online presence.
Pine Ridge Dude Ranch is a vacation spot located in Kerhonkson, NY.
To apply, email Mike Offner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Redd Said Fred is looking for interns for the summer and fall. These internships are focused on communications and public relations.
Redd Said Fred is creative studio designing well curated interiors and product lines to articulate a solutions-based approach towards sustainability, wellness, community, and authenticity.
POSITION: PR/ Communications
DESCRIPTION: Redd Said Fred is looking for a creative, self-starter to assist in marketing and communication efforts. The intern will work alongside the owners.
• Update social media accounts with fresh content to improve engagement and outreach
• Conduct research to find articles and stories relevant to our core values and interests
• Distribute flyers, graphics and other marketing material for major events
• Update website
• Handle online inquiries appropriately
• Update and track our blog subscribers list
• Track social media interaction and fanbase growth and provide owner with monthly updates
• Provides assistance with special events
• Takes photographs of completed spaces
• Interest in interior design, visual merchandising and event planning
• Interest in photography and has experience using a camera
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communications
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration with the team
• Be flexible and willing to take on other tasks in this start-up environment
• Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Facebook and Instagram) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• An entrepreneurial attitude
• Experience with website management
• Experience in writing blogs or educational social media posts
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
To apply, email Brooke Nelson at email@example.com
Kingston Design Connection is looking for interns for summer and fall.
For summer, they are looking for:
Two students to work with our marketing team to support new video series in partnership with Chronogram magazine and other marketing activities for the Kingston Design Showhouse.
For fall, they are looking for:
Three to five students to work with our marketing team to support the 2020 Kingston Design Showhouse and special events.
To apply, email Maryline Damour, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Jessica Williams, email@example.com.