Campus minister Allison Moore, with Chaplain Michelle Ledesma-Baer, director of the Student Christian Center, are seeking a communications/media intern to raise the visibility of the campus Food Pantry and expand progressive Christian ministry beyond the Food Pantry, into food sustainability, food justice, cooking classes, nutrition workshops, etc.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to document work–all accounts, all passwords, necessary info to hand off to a new intern next semester
- Be well-organized
- Be attentive to detail
The Sojourner Truth Library is seeking an unpaid social media intern for Spring 2023. A background in PR/marketing/media is encouraged as well as a basic knowledge of graphic design and photography.
- Affinity for libraries and academia
- Familiarity with Sojourner Truth Library services and materials
- Prior knowledge of and experience with Instagram and/or TikTok
In a special topics course CMM393 Talk, Technology and Society, Professor SoeYoon Choi will explore issues surrounding human communication that are driven by the development and adoption of communication technology, such as the Internet, mobile phone, and artificial intelligence.
Students will learn the role of technology use in rethinking privacy, equal opportunity, and happiness in this 3-credit course. See the Spring schedule for details.
It is Firelight’s mission to mentor our interns and give them the skills and experience to be the next generation of film, media, and arts administration professionals. Our internship program will give dedicated and driven participants the opportunity to assist our Firelight Media and Firelight Films teams with a variety of projects depending on their area of interest. Opportunities include the production and development of documentary film projects; graphic design and social video production; fundraising and arts administration, and more.
While internships are NOT a requirement for Communication majors, they are suggested, and provide real world experience in a professional work environment.
A minimum of 3 internship credits is required, but you may earn up to 6 !
Check out the Internship Credit Chart for more information about credit and total work hours needed ! Continue reading
Nava Atlas is offering a website management and social media internship next semester. They are looking for a journalism, communications or media management major.
The internship will involve growing and maintaining two websites, creating content for their sites and managing their social media.
The websites include:
- Literary Ladies Guide celebrates the lives and work of classic women authors (with a secondary subject of women journalists from the past).
- The Vegan Atlas is a site featuring vegan recipes and lifestyle.
Internships activities would include (remote training can be provided):
- Create 2 to 3 new posts per week on mutually agreed upon topics.
- Learn what goes into creating good content for the web.
- Learn some fine points on SEO (Search Engine Optimization), which helps posts become
evergreen and findable through Google and other search engines.
- Create shareable graphics for Facebook and Pinterest using Canva or graphics program of your choice.
- Maintain and continue to build social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram and
Pinterest. Develop strategies and keep records of metrics to see what’s working, and build on
This has always been a partially remote internship, so this would work well now as a 100% remote internship.
To apply, email email@example.com.
Marketing internship for Hale Advisors
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern to join our team and help facilitate with our organization’s project goals. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of daily routines and procedures to help our team run efficiently.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Research and various writing assignments
- Have a love of Digital Marketing and an excitement to learn more
- Facilitate in content creation for clients
- Continuous updating on client projects
- Social Media monitoring and posting
- Research creative holiday gifts to then order, organize and send to clients during the holiday season
- Assisting on any other projects to help support the staff
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be above 18 years old and enrolled in an accredited university, preferably in business, marketing, journalism, or public relations
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and eager to take on new projects and ideas
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired company and project goals
Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA): Our standard non-disclosure agreement must be signed prior to start.
Send resume, cover letter and a writing sample to Marie Hull firstname.lastname@example.org before Nov. 9 to be considered