Northwestern Mutual is seeking a hands-on intern in financial services and communication! The hands-on intern experience includes partnering with financial representatives who show you how it’s done through mentoring and joint-work programs. Like your colleagues in the network office, you have access to the resources of Northwestern Mutual, including:
- A coach who meets with you regularly to help evaluate and fine-tune your efforts for greatest results.
- Trusted financial specialists and advisors with technical know-how to help you create customized solutions for your clients.
- Access to Northwestern Mutual’s world-class insurance services and internationally recognized investment products
Specifically, you’ll practice the personalized approach they use to offer financial solutions tailored to each client’s individual needs. You’ll follow these key steps in their process, working independently with guidance from experienced colleagues:
- Meet with Clients: You’ll set up appointments to discuss your clients current financial situation.
- Analyze the Clients Situation: Through extensive fact-finding, you’ll uncover long-term goals that you will use to help determine your clients needs.
- Make Recommendations: After evaluating your clients current situation and goals, you’ll determine what products can help fill their needs and present appropriate solutions to your client.
- Provide Ongoing Service: You’ll continue to work with your clients beyond the close of the sale. Most financial representatives contact their clients twice a year to determine whether their needs have changed and keep them aware of the resources available to them.
Application Process: Visit Financial Advisor & Corporate Careers | Northwestern Mutual where you can find your local office and start your application.