One of the things that I love most about being a Librarian is collaborating with teaching faculty. I am always learning about pedagogy, instructional design, and instructional technology and trying new things in these areas. It’s a joy to puzzle through teaching challenges and opportunities with colleagues. I work with faculty from across disciplines, and classes ranging from Composition I to Graduate Seminars. I’m also able to see courses and assignments from the student perspective through my reference and research consultation work.
- MS, Curriculum Development and Instructional Technology, University at Albany
- MLS, Library Science, CUNY – Queens College
- Fulbright Fellowship, Jagiellonian University (Poland)
- BA, Government, Smith College
- The UAlbany MS Program in Curriculum Development and Instructional Design is offered as an online program, providing me with direct experience as an online learner.
- As a GE Board Member and Chair one of my primary areas of engagement has been the GE Core Competencies of Information Management and Critical Thinking and Reasoning.
- I Served as the Sojourner Truth Library Instruction Program Coordinator from AY13/14 to AY21/22
- Much of my scholarship is focused on learning and teaching, including the chapter Tap Into Your Research Expertise to Demystify Instructional Design in the book Creative Instructional Design: Practical Applications for Librarians.
- I was the Subject Matter Expert for the online course Introduction to Undergraduate Research at Rasmussen University, a course required for several degrees. My instructional designer became unavailable and I picked up much of that work as well. I also served as a reviewer for several online courses at Rasmussen.
My area of expertise is information literacy and I’m available to support your efforts to integrate information literacy into your courses – particularly assignment design. I can also support departments and programs as they consider possible revisions to courses designated for the GE Core Competencies of Information Literacy and Critical Thinking & Reasoning. And, of course, if you would like assistance more fully utilizing Sojourner Truth Library resources in your classes I can help with that.
Graduate Practicum in Information Literacy Instruction (UBuffalo), Introduction to Undergraduate Research (Rasmussen), Information Literacy and Research Skills (Minneapolis Community & Technical College)
I enjoy swimming, hiking with my wife and dog, sewing, and knitting (my cat is a lousy assistant, but he always tries to help). While I love to travel there haven’t been many opportunities lately, so a good day trip will do the trick for now. I’m always looking for suggestions!