Richard McElrath

Rich McElrath Avatar

ROLE

As co-organizer of the OIT Mentor Program, I facilitate meetings and workshops on Trends in Education, Technology, and Design to meet the current needs of our Faculty and Students at New Paltz. I’ve been working in Higher Education since 1999. Prior to Instructional Design, I was a Tenured Associate Professor who taught in Computers and Digital Media. Having that teaching experience with Instructional Design allowed me to see three sides of the screen through the eyes of the Students, Faculty, and Instructional Designer.

EDUCATION

• Communications & Media Arts A.S., SUNY Dutchess
  • Digital Media Production B.A., SUNY New Paltz
  • Education, Specialization Instructional Design M.S., Capella University
Rich McElrath Avatar
Rich McElrath Avatar

EXPERIENCE

• Instructional Technologist at New Paltz
  • CET Member
  • FDC Board Member
  • Accessibility Committee Member
  • OER Committee Member

MENTOR STRENGTHS

I can help in the digital realm no matter how much things seem to unravel or burden. When working with everyone, I pick the most effective and least complex approach to solving problems. I like to show and tell; I’ll give you all the tools and support to help you help yourself!

COURSES

Studio Production, Audio Production, Microcomputer Applications, JavaScript, Web Design, E-Commerce, Portfolio Design, Digital Animation.

HOBBIES

All things grilling, BBQ, Smoking and Curing, Cooking, Canning and Preserving, Modern Muscle Cars, Racing Games, Automotive Photography, 80s-’90s Punk & Metal, Viking and Norse Mythology.