The Redwing Blackbird Theater is looking for an intern for this spring with an interest in increasing the visibility of RBT. Social media interests and experience are definitely a plus!
Internship can be completed virtually or in-person when social distancing can be observed.
Redwing Blackbird Theater is based on Main St. in Rosendale, NY with a local, national & international presence.
Intern responsibilities might include but not limited to:
- Website updates to redwingblackbirdtheater.com (hosted by Squarespace)
- Instagram updates — @redwing.blackbird.theater
- Regular list serve updates & mailings
- Promotion of socially distanced puppet museum tours for small family “pods,” with a focus on homeschoolers & their parents
- New grant proposal writing & ongoing grant fulfillment reporting
To apply, email Amy Trompetter at email@example.com.
The International Radio & Television Society (IRTS) is hosting their annual Multicultural Career Workshop, and in 2020 it’s virtual. Continue reading
Marketing internship for Hale Advisors
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern to join our team and help facilitate with our organization’s project goals. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of daily routines and procedures to help our team run efficiently.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Research and various writing assignments
- Have a love of Digital Marketing and an excitement to learn more
- Facilitate in content creation for clients
- Continuous updating on client projects
- Social Media monitoring and posting
- Research creative holiday gifts to then order, organize and send to clients during the holiday season
- Assisting on any other projects to help support the staff
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be above 18 years old and enrolled in an accredited university, preferably in business, marketing, journalism, or public relations
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and eager to take on new projects and ideas
- Ability to prioritize/execute to achieve desired company and project goals
Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA): Our standard non-disclosure agreement must be signed prior to start.
Send resume, cover letter and a writing sample to Marie Hull firstname.lastname@example.org before Nov. 9 to be considered
The Spring 2021 schedule of classes should release soon, and on it will be one new Communication class: CMM393 Crisis, Risk, and Disaster Communication, taught by Jack Harris.
Crisis, Risk, and Disaster Communication acquaints students with the fundamentals of crisis and disaster communication and focuses on the broader collaborative and stakeholder environment in which crisis and disaster communication takes place. Students will develop an understanding of the fundamentals of crisis and risk communication and the importance of stakeholder engagement and community collaboration for communicating about crisis, risk, and disaster. Dr. Harris is active in disaster planning, response, and recovery as co-chair of a county Community Organizations Active in Disaster collaboration (COAD), with a state VOAD, and as a member of a local emergency management planning council. His research and writing focuses on organizational resilience, long-term recovery after disaster, and cross-sector collaborations for solving complex public problems.
Check newpaltz.edu often to see when the Spring 2021 schedule of classes releases. Once it does, start making your desired schedule and set up a time to meet virtually with your advisor.
Future interns, it is never too early to begin networking! Networking can open doors and reveal opportunities you would’ve never thought of. Since students are responsible for finding their own internships (and then getting them approved by Nancy Heiz before starting), networking is important so you can scout for the internship that best suits you. Don’t worry, networking is still possible in a virtual world! Continue reading