The Pulitzer Center is looking for Outreach and Communications interns for a 12-month paid internship, starting in January 2021 and ending in December 2021.
This is a remote internship, but with the possibility of working at their headquarters in Washington, D.C., when the city reopens.
- Build and post stories from journalist grantees for their website
- Assist with event coordination and participate in events and webinars
- Research and write “Behind the Story” profiles about journalist grantees
- Write and post blogs’ updates related to reporting content, events, and news about the Pulitzer Center
- Support production of multimedia and related media assets of journalists’ projects
- Contribute to and maintain online profiles, social networking sites and channels (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube)
- Assist in design and distribution of event flyers and promotional materials
- Additional responsibilities as required
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A passion for news, with a demonstrated interest in, and familiarity with, current international affairs
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong writing and editing skills; familiarity with AP Style
- Experience using a content management system such as Drupal or WordPress
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently, along with comfort in a remote work environment
Not required, but desirable skills:
- Graphic design
- Familiarity with HTML
- Video and/or audio production and editing
- Adobe Creative Cloud expertise, with experience in at least one of the following applications: Premiere, Photoshop, and InDesign
*Please note that due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Pulitzer Center is currently working remotely. Candidates should have stable high-speed internet access and a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and microphone. We anticipate returning to the office at least part of the work week once Washington, D.C., safely reopens.*
Interns receive a $2,600 stipend per month.
Please submit your application using this form (If you have any difficulties with the application form, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis, giving an advantage to early applicants. Last day to apply is Monday, October 12, 2020.
Status: Full time, some weekend and evening work may be required
Start Date: January 4, 2021