On behalf of the PRSA Foundation, here are scholarships for public relations and communications students.
Many scholarships and awards are available each year to students:
- Axia Public Relations Scholarship – $2,000 – This scholarship awards juniors who demonstrate financial need, experience and passion for public relations, and dedication to professional ethics and excellence.
- Chester Burger Scholarship for Excellence in Public Relations – $1,000 – This scholarship awards graduate students in public relations or journalism interested in careers in corporate public relations.
- John. D. Graham Scholarship – First place $3,000, Two runners-up $1,000 each – This scholarship awards rising seniors who demonstrate leadership, academic achievement, practice experience in internships or work/service, commitment to public relations, and writing skills.
- Ofield Dukes Multicultural Student Award – $1,000 – This scholarship awards minority students entering their junior year who are preparing for a career in public relations and demonstrate a commitment to service and social responsibility.
- PRSA Diversity Multicultural Scholarship – Two $1,500 awards – This scholarship awards minority students entering their junior or senior years who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and commitment to the practice of public relations.
PRSA also offers additional scholarships exclusive for Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) members. Information about these scholarships is available on our website.
The deadline for most scholarships is April 30, 2022.
If you are interested in the music industry and gaining hands-on experience in client management, Mezz Entertainment’s internship in Artist Management and Promotion is a great opportunity for you. Through our internship program, students will gain hands-on experience managing and promoting clients for interviews, shows, and press. Interns will work remotely for the duration of the internship with three weekly teleconference meetings as well as daily communication.
Once you have been approved for internship eligibility you have until the first day of the semester that you are interning to find an internship. There is no need to rush and find an internship by class registration. Continue reading
Anderson Center for Autism is seeking many unpaid interns in a wide variety of fields. Anderson Center for Autism, located in Staatsburg, NY, provides care for children, adolescents, and adults with Autism, and other related development disabilities.
Target Executive Store Interns will gain a realistic job preview of the Executive Team Leader role over an 8-week period and in multiple areas of the business to enhance guest experience and impact their store’s financial, team and operational performance. Interns will work closely with a mentor while learning different business areas and functions within their store.
Thinking about a Job or an Internship? The Career Resource Center, located in Humanities 105, is a great tool to keep in mind !
The CRC staff is available weekdays 12-4PM via their drop-in hours, which are offered both virtually and in-person.
To schedule an appointment with a Career Coach visit https://www.newpaltz.edu/careers/. Both in-person and virtual appointments are offered ! Continue reading
Central Hudson Gas and Electric Corporation is seeking Summer 2022 Interns ! This a paid position from June 1, 2022 – August 5, 2022. Continue reading
Sophomores, every DMJ major is required to complete at least one internship in order to graduate. For an internship to count towards your credit count and graduation requirements, you must be internship eligible before you start looking for an internship. You can do that once you have 60 college credits. Internship eligibility does not expire unless your GPA drops below 2.5, so you should apply now so you don’t have to worry about it later. Get it out of the way! Here are all the minimum requirements to apply for internship eligibility: Continue reading
Marina Maher Communications, a NYC-based marketing and public relations agency focusing on marketing towards women, is seeking summer interns ! Some of these positions are paid !