Ulster County Habitat for Humanity is seeking DMJ and/or Communication students for an unpaid social media and digital marketing internship for the 2022 Fall semester AND the 2023 Spring semester.
Social media and digital marketing interns will assist the Affiliate Office and the ReStore with various tasks related to social media, digital marketing, and graphic design.
Responsibilities as a social media and digital marketing intern will include:
- Creating weekly and monthly calendars to promote Ulster Habitat using various social media platforms and other media marketing and communication channels.
- Designing graphics for Affiliate and ReStore events, our homeownership program, volunteer opportunities, monthly newsletters, etc.
- Preparing and publishing social media posts for campaigns and events (e.g., Cars for Home campaign, ReStore events, fundraising events, Facebook Live events).
- Contributing to the preparation and writing of our monthly newsletters.
- Assisting with other media marketing and communication channels to increase community awareness/donor engagement, (e.g., Giving Tuesday campaign, Hudson Valley Gives campaign etc.).
Interns are expected to:
- Write and speak in a clear, concise, and correct manner.
- Study and implement Habitat’s brand management.
- Perform tasks accurately, effectively, efficiently, and pay attention to detail.
- Engage in effective collaboration and goal setting with others.
- Demonstrate a conceptual knowledge of communications, digital marketing, and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of online graphic design platforms such as Canva.
- Have access to a reliable mode of personal transportation.
Students in the following areas of study are encouraged to apply:
- Digital Media Marketing
- Digital Media
- Graphic Design
- Public Relations
- General Business
To apply, submit resumé, letter of interest, and one letter of recommendation to email@example.com.
If you are interesting or would like to find out more about our internship, please contact Carolyn Hurley, volunteer coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.