SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Faculty)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Budget Title: Clinical Instructor, Tenure Track
Local Title: Clinical Instructor, Tenure Track, Counselor Education
Posting Date: July 18, 2019
Duties: SUNY New Paltz is seeking a tenure-track Clinical Instructor to join its Counselor Education Program (housed within the Psychology Department). The individual will serve as the practicum and internship coordinator for the Counselor Education Program, as well as teach 3 graduate level courses per semester. Duties include:
• Training counselor education students
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with practicum and internship institutions (i.e., mental health agencies, clinics, and hospitals, as well as school districts and individual schools within those districts) and supervisors; includes securing affiliation agreements between the college and these institutions, as well as addressing all associated administrative responsibilities, duties, and tasks
• Coordinating and overseeing practicum and internship placements for all counselor education students
• Providing students with all necessary procedural and site information to ensure their readiness and ability to apply and enroll in practicum and internship courses
• Providing training sessions for supervisors to ensure they are appropriately trained and understand the roles, responsibilities, and expectations of themselves, their institutions, the counselor education program, and the counselor education students
• Teaching school counseling and/or mental health counseling courses such as Ethics & Professional Identity, Professional Roles in Counseling, Counseling Theories, Counseling Skills, Psychopathology, Assessment, Human Growth and Development, Group Dynamics and Counseling, and Multicultural Counseling.
• Doctoral degree in counselor education, preferably from a CACREP-accredited program or related doctoral degree. Excellent ABD candidates with a firm date of completion, preferably by August 1, 2020, will be considered.
• Full-time faculty employment as a member in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year before July 1, 2013
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to build successful professional and mentoring relationships
• Clinical training and/or experience as a school counselor and/or mental health counselor
• Certified or eligible for certification as a school counselor and/or licensed or eligible for licensure as a mental health counselor in New York State
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness
Contact Information: Electronic submission required. Candidates are required to submit a cover letter, CV, and full data from student evaluations of courses (if available). Professional references provided by applicant will receive an email with link to upload reference letter. To apply, please visit https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/1071
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Deadline: Applications will accepted until the position is filled, priority given those received by 10/ 1/19.
Other important information about this vacancy: This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
SUNY New Paltz recognizes the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work here is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members–students, faculty and staff. The College’s commitment to inclusive excellence is an important part of our mission of public education and our culture. New Paltz continues to work on building a community that supports freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support these values of diversity and inclusiveness and candidates of all diverse backgrounds who wish to participate in our cultural aspirations are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/1071
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/firesafety/safetyreport.html.