“What Should I Show of Who I Am in the Classroom?” Conversation on Faculty Self-Disclosure in the Classroom, Oct. 26 3:30 p.m.

“What Should I Show of Who I Am in the Classroom?”

We all bring multiple identities to our classroom. Some could be challenging. How do we navigate self-disclosure? Susanne and Catherine will facilitate an informal discussion.

Date:  Thursday, October 26

Time:  3:30 – 4:45 p.m.

Location:  FDC, College Hall 113

Emma Morcone (IX Coordinator) passed along an interesting article regarding the benefits of LGBTQ+ individuals coming out in the workplace.

Susanne Morgan is Emerita Professor of Sociology at Ithaca College and has worked in faculty development since 2001. She leads workshops for faculty and faculty developers at conferences and on campuses and she coaches faculty on academic writing.  Her recent publications examine chronic illness and the faculty career, and use the concept of social capital to understand academic communities. https://faculty.ithaca.edu/morgan/

Catherine Herne is Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy at SUNY New Paltz and has led workshops on a variety of faculty issues.