An internship with Upstate Women In Film and Television is a great opportunity to have hands-on experience in a non-for-profit organization who supports women working in the film and entertainment industry.
Interns will learn about how our non-for-profit is formed and organized. They will observe board meetings and learn first hand how Robert’s Rules work. Interns will be involved in the planning, organizing and execution of both live and online programs and events within our organization. Our events span across the Hudson Valley region of NY. We will cover travel expenses to live events or provide travel accommodations to you.
Here are some of the tasks and learning outcomes:
- Setting up Zoom meetings and webinars. You will learn about the basic setup along with advanced features for professional programs.
- Posting marketing materials on social media outlets such as: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linked-In. You will learn how to market with the use of social media and the art of hashtags.
- Creating marketing flyers on CANVA to post on social media. This is good practice in graphic design skills.
- Updating the events page on our Weebly site: upwift.org. We will teach you how to edit and post to a Weebly site.
- Attending live events to set up, help run, and break down. These are fun and a great way to meet people who work in the film and entertainment industry.
If interested, please send resume and an email of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org.