As of February 1st, applications for the 2023 HUDSY Apprenticeship are open. The application deadline is February 28th.
HUDSY is training the next generation of filmmakers in the Hudson Valley. They provide the skills and opportunity for Hudson Valley locals to develop their craft as community storytellers and get their foot in the door of the film industry. In HUDSY’s paid Apprenticeship Program, they are looking for filmmakers early in their careers with the drive and dedication to commit to a seven-month part-time program.
- Shadow working professionals and help out on real shoots
- Become an integral part of the HUDSY production team
- Attend skill building workshops
- Film live events throughout the Hudson Valley
- Gain opportunities to build a professional network
Apprenticeship begins in April and runs through October 2023. Apprentices must commit around 10 hours a week to the program, although that number will fluctuate up and down depending on production schedules. Apprentices are paid an hourly wage.
In order to be accepted into the program you need to demonstrate that you are already taking a career in video production seriously. To do that, they require you to:
- Fill out an online application, which includes essay questions, work samples and a request for references who can speak to your experience and your dedication to your work
- If they like what they see, they’ll be in touch to schedule an interview with a member of the HUDSY team via zoom
- If you become a finalist, they will be in contact with your references
For more information visit:
To apply, visit: