The Legislative Gazette, in Albany, is seeking interns to serve as writers, photographers, copy editors, social media editors, podcast producers, and video content producers for the Spring 2024 semester. Scholarships are still available for qualified students. Continue reading
Firelight is two separate organizations with one mission: to support communities of color in front of and behind the camera. Firelight Media, a non-profit artist support organization, is the premier destination for non-fiction cinema by and about communities of color. Firelight Media produces documentary films, supports filmmakers of color, and cultivates audiences for their work. Firelight Media’s key programs include the Documentary Lab, the Groundwork Regional Lab, and the William Greaves Fund. Firelight Media also produces digital short films series in partnership with public media organizations. To learn more, visit firelightmedia.tv. Firelight Films is a documentary production company founded by Emmy-winning filmmaker Stanley Nelson. Firelight Films productions include the Oscar-nominated Attica for Showtime; Crack: Cocaine, Corruption and Conspiracy for Netflix; and The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution for PBS. Firelight Films has several documentary projects in development and in production that are slated for release in the coming years. To learn more, visit firelightfilms.tv.
It is Firelight’s mission to mentor interns and give them the skills and experience to be the next generation of film, media, and arts administration professionals. Their internship program will give dedicated and driven participants the opportunity to assist the Firelight Media and Firelight Films teams with a variety of projects depending on their area of interest. Opportunities include the production and development of documentary film projects; graphic design and social video production; fundraising and arts administration, and more. Interns will be assigned to specific departments with specific assignments and will be expected to complete short- and long-term projects under the direct supervision of our dedicated staff. Please see the different departments that have openings below:
- Production Interns
- Communications Interns
- Operations Department Interns
- Development Department Interns
The Hudson Valley International Festival of the Voice is seeking a backstage/crew/production intern! Located in New Paltz, the internship is very short and intensive, taking place from June 20 – July 2, 2024.
For students who have already applied for and have been approved to be ELIGIBLE to intern, this is the LAST CALL to secure an internship placement for FALL 2023.
Intern applications for the Woodstock Film Festival Internship Program are now open for Summer and Fall internships! Their office is located at 13 Rock City Road in Woodstock, NY. All internships are in-person, though there is partial remote availability.
As of February 1st, applications for the 2023 HUDSY Apprenticeship are open. The application deadline is February 28th.
- One (1) $5,000 scholarship is available for a student committing to at least 9 credit hours.
Four (4) $2,000 scholarships are available for students meant to help those traveling to and from Albany. Preference is given to highest credit enrollment first – 6 credit, then 5, then 4, then 3, etc.
- The Gazette needs students with writing, editing, publishing, social media, videography, and audio skills to produce a wide variety of news content daily.
- Opportunities for shooting and producing news video, short documentaries and other photo and video content for the Gazette’s website and social media channels, using new production equipment housed in the Albany newsroom.
- Gazette students will be covering the Governor’s State of the State Address, Budget Negotiations, Court of Appeals hearings, and legislation related to gun control, voting protections, conservation and environmental protections and other breaking stories.
- Students cover live press conferences in and around the State Capitol, rallies, protests, committee hearings, and live sessions of the State Assembly and State Senate.
- For more information about the internship, job duties, and the application process, please contact Professor James Gormley at email@example.com
The Legislative Gazette is seeking interns to serve as writers, photographers, copy editors, engagement editors, social media editors, podcast producers, and video producers for the Spring 2023 semester.
The (un)maidenly podcast is looking for a Spring 2023 intern to help edit and produce their weekly podcast. Interns will be paid and can expect to work 8 hours a week (120 hours total). All work will be done remotely and interns will be given access to the equipment and software needed to produce the podcast. On top of editing and production, interns will help with some marketing tasks – familiarity with Canva is a must !