Are you unsure about how to analyze the significance of locations in a story? Try answering these questions:
- Are there many or few place names in the story?
- Are most of the locations real or fictional? Is there a pattern?
- Is the description of the area realistic or has it been fictionalized? Why?
- Does each location have a similar number of pages dedicated to it?
- What is discussed at each location? Is there a pattern to what is discussed where?
- Are there connections between a location and the theme of the story at that location?