Have you been given permission to register for internship credits and/or the internship seminar but are still having trouble registering via My Schedule Planner? Here are some tips:
Author Archives: Nancy Heiz
Digital Communications Intern Needed for Summer 2023 on Governors Island, NYC
Governors Island is a popular year-round destination located in the middle of New York Harbor. For almost two centuries, the Island was closed to the public, operating as a military base for the U.S. Army and, later, the Coast Guard. Today, an award-winning park is complemented by dozens of unique historic buildings, educational and cultural facilities, a rich arts and culture program, and a 22-acre National Monument managed by the National Park Service. Looking ahead, the Island is envisioned to be further activated as a resource for all of New York City, with expanded educational, nonprofit, and commercial facilities.
POSITION: Digital Communications Intern for summer 2023
Journalism Students: Apply NOW to Work in Newsroom at Online News Assn Conference in Philly in August
Apply to be an ONA23
NYS Music Seeks Journalism, Comm Students to Write, Edit & Produce Content for Music & Arts Website
Fall 2023 Advising Presentation
Students: Please review this advising presentation DMJ Group Advising for FALL23 to learn what you need to know before making your Fall 2023 schedule:
Check out “The Art of the Pitch,” a Special Topics DMJ Course Taught in Fall by former COO of AMC Networks Ed Carroll
This fall, the DMJ Department will be offering “The Art of the Pitch,” a one-credit course on what it takes to be a media producer. The class will be taught by Ed Carroll, the former Chief Operating Officer of AMC Networks. Continue reading
Spring Film48 Happening in New Paltz; Meeting Thurs., March 9 in CSB54
SUNY New Paltz’s Media Society, a Broadcast Education Association Student Club, is putting on its own local Film48 competition! It will take place the weekend of March 24th to March 26th. Teams of students will be given 48 hours to create a short film from start to finish, with a handful of criteria they must use in their productions as well.
A general interest meeting will be taking place this Thursday, March 9th, in CSB 54, from 5:00-6:15. Students will be informed of competition rules and can also use the event to put their own teams together. We will hold a viewing party in the weeks following the competition, where students will be able to vote for their favorite films. Hope to see you there!
Spring Internships STILL Available at Legislative Gazette in Albany; Scholarships Available to Qualified Students
The Legislative Gazette is seeking interns to serve as writers, photographers, copy editors, social media editors, podcast producers, and video content producers for the Spring 2023 semester. Scholarships are still available for qualified students. Continue reading
Murphy Cobb & Assoc. Seeks Media Management, Advertising, Marketing Intern(s) for Spring 2023
Scholarships Available in January for Legislative Gazette Interns in Albany for Spring 2023!
- One (1) $5,000 scholarship is available for a student committing to at least 9 credit hours.
Four (4) $2,000 scholarships are available for students meant to help those traveling to and from Albany. Preference is given to highest credit enrollment first – 6 credit, then 5, then 4, then 3, etc.
- The Gazette needs students with writing, editing, publishing, social media, videography, and audio skills to produce a wide variety of news content daily.
- Opportunities for shooting and producing news video, short documentaries and other photo and video content for the Gazette’s website and social media channels, using new production equipment housed in the Albany newsroom.
- Gazette students will be covering the Governor’s State of the State Address, Budget Negotiations, Court of Appeals hearings, and legislation related to gun control, voting protections, conservation and environmental protections and other breaking stories.
- Students cover live press conferences in and around the State Capitol, rallies, protests, committee hearings, and live sessions of the State Assembly and State Senate.
- For more information about the internship, job duties, and the application process, please contact Professor James Gormley at firstname.lastname@example.org