Have you been given permission to register for internship credits and/or the internship seminar but are still having trouble registering via My Schedule Planner? Here are some tips: Continue reading
EBF Information Session
Wednesday, November 1st, at 6pm on ZoomRegister Here for link
**It is highly recommended that students attend the session to be a stronger applicant in the selection pool.**
The Emma Bowen Foundation (EBF) promotes a more diverse industry by recruiting promising students of color like you and placing them in multi-year PAID internships at some of the nation’s leading media and tech companies, such as Comcast NBCUniversal, Discovery, Hearst Television, the New York Times, the NFL, Spectrum, and ViacomCBS. Whether you’re interested in being a producer, a journalist, a web developer, an engineer, a business executive, a PR agent, a sales representative, or any other career in media or tech, the EBF Internship is here to help you get your start.
You are eligible to apply for an EBF Summer Internship if you meet ALL of the following:
- Are a student of color (Asian, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Black, Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, or Multi-Racial)
- Are a high school senior OR an undergraduate college student (undergraduates graduating in Spring 2024 are eligible to apply)
- Plan to attend or are currently a student at a four-year accredited U.S. college or university (This includes students who will transfer to a four-year accredited U.S. college or university in Spring 2024 or Fall 2024.)
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
- Are interested in pursuing a career in media, entertainment, and tech
- Are able to commit to a summer internship that will last at minimum 8 continuous weeks and which could be longer as required by the company’s internship duration. The internship is full-time and students work from 35-40 hours per week as determined by the partner company. (Note: Internships generally start in May or June. The internship start and end dates are determined by the partner company.)
- Are a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Must be 18 years of age prior to the start of the internship
Those who have graduated or will graduate before January 2024, please sign up for our ALL Multicultural Media Professionals “AMMP” Network here . The AMMP Network is open to EBF Alumni and experienced media, entertainment, and technology professionals of color at college graduate/entry-level, mid, senior, and executive levels.
The Legislative Gazette is seeking journalism and multi-media interns to serve as writers, photographers, copy editors, social media editors, podcast producers, and video content producers for the spring 2024 semester. More than $10K is available to provide Scholarships for qualified students (preference given to underrepresented students and those with financial hardship).
Register below for our upcoming virtual events to learn more:
WSJ offers internships in:
Reporting (multiple cities)’
Students: Please review this advising presentation DMJ Group Advising to learn what you need to know before making your Spring 2024 course schedule:
HERE IS THE PREVIOUS SEMESTER’S PRESENTATION:
DMJ Group Advising for FALL23 to learn what you need to know before making your Fall 2023 schedule:
Hundred Fish Media is seeking a freelance designer to amp up its social media presence to promote a documentary film 10 years in the making! If you are passionate about social issues and an ally of the LGBTQ+ community, this is an exciting opportunity for someone working on their degree in media or film.
- Work with the Director and Editor to brainstorm ideas and create social media reels, posts, stories, etc
- Develop eye catching and thumb-stopping social media posts
- Support the growth of followers and engagements through the creation of engaging visual content
- Strong understanding of creative design programs, including motion graphics and animation (Adobe or similar)
- Dynamic portfolio including a variety of graphics, animations, and video for social media
- Bonus: experience managing campaigns across Instagram, Facebook and TikTok
- Bonus: experience with social media analytics and reporting tools
- Out of the box creative thinker
- Passion for supporting the LGBTQ community and being an ally for diversity, inclusion and equality
- Organized with high attention to detail
Compensation: $16-$18/per hour depending on experience, at up to 20 hours per month to start
Hours can be flexible, but must have ability to video chat with the team as needed.
To apply, send resume, portfolio to:
Gene Fischer, Director, Hundred Fish Media