Enjoy capturing music on video? Consider interning for the SUNY New Paltz Music Department, which has won a National Endowment for the Arts project grant to explore Persian piano traditions in traditional and contemporary practices. The project is year-round.
To document this important work, the Music Department seeks Digital Media Production interns capable in videography and camera operations. Must be well trained in video and sound recording and video editing. This is a great internship if you want to stay local!
Attention Media Management and Journalism Majors:
Hale Advisors, a digital marketing agency based in Kingston, NY, is seeking a part-time intern to work 10-15 hours per week, remotely with an occasional meeting in our Kingston office. Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to Marie Hull at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position pays $15 per hour.
Business Development Intern Needed for Digital Marketing Agency in Kingston, NY
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent research skills
Excellent attention to detail
Curiosity; eagerness to learn
Workstreams / Activities:
Workstreams / Activities:
- To understand goals, workstreams, systems/tools
- Lead Generation (unqualified targets)
- Add relevant contacts from published conference speaker lists, including Veeva US Summit ‘23, Reuters Pharma ’23, DigiPharma Connect ’23, Promotional Review conferences, including DIA, RAPS Convergence, one other
- Use Internet and Sales Navigator to:
- Evaluate and qualify business development target companies against a set of criteria – add qualified targets to Monday.com
- Identify individual lead names at qualified target companies based on a set of title keywords – save in Sales Navigator
- Monitor industry trade press—MM&M, FiercePharma—for relevant news and content that may identify new targets or help engage leads
- Lead Cultivation
- Prepare primers/backgrounders on prospects for meetings (ad hoc)
- Develop and send 3-step email marketing campaign to leads
- Follow all target companies from Hale Advisors’ LinkedIn page
- Invite current and former clients to follow Hale Advisors on LinkedIn
- Follow back those who follow
- Support initiatives in marketing plan; may include things such as:
- Developing farming toolkit (governance, change management, training, medical affairs)
- Partnering w/ creative to create and “distribute” short video content
- Writing case studies (prose + slides)
- Updating Hale website: https://www.haleadvisors.com/
- Other duties as assigned
- Fix Monday.com contacts’ country codes (add +1 to US phone #s)
- Opportunistic, TBD
Today Media Inc, publishers of Hudson Valley Magazine and The Valley Table, is looking for editorial interns for a part-time position based out of its offices in Fishkill, NY. This position is an opportunity to see how a regional print magazine is put together. Students will learn from professionals with years of experience in the industry. This is an unpaid position and participating interns must receive college credit.
Hudson Valley is a monthly lifestyle magazine that has celebrated the region for 50 years. It divulges in food, travel, home and design, influential and interesting residents, and much more. The Valley Table is a quarterly publication specializing in local cuisine and trends, and organizes Hudson Valley Restaurant Week.
Applicants should have an interest in magazines, editorial work, journalism, and creative writing. (We encourage journalism, English, communication studies, and writing students—or those in similar majors—to apply.) If you have a passion for reporting and learning about regional culture, often read magazines and keep up with the news, and are curious in nature: this internship is for you!
Interns will perform the following duties across both publications:
- Article research, proofreading, photo outreach
- Writing front-of-book and department articles for the magazine and website
- Assisting staff with other functions necessary to produce a monthly magazine and its website (photo shoots, administrative duties, etc.)
- Pitching and brainstorming content for future issues
Note: due to our hybrid working models, this internship will be remote.
Email a resume, cover letter, and relevant writing samples to Megan Wilson at email@example.com.
HVM Editorial Staff
Hudson Valley Magazine • Valley Table
For students who have already applied for and have been approved to be ELIGIBLE to intern, this is the LAST CALL to secure an internship placement for FALL 2023.
Harana Market, a local business, is seeking a Social Media Intern.
- Currently pursuing a degree in marketing, journalism, communications, hospitality, or a related ﬁeld
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Creative and irreverent thinking with an ability to generate engaging content ideas to create content
- Knowledge of current social media trends and best practices
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of SEO and online marketing concepts and the desire to continue learning new techniques
- Proﬁcient in using social media platforms and tools, including scheduling and analytics tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong passion for and/or knowledge of hospitality, food service, and community-based mutual aid food programs
- brainstorm and create engaging and on-brand content
- develop our content calendar/schedule to ensure consistent and timely posting across platforms
- Monitor and engage with our social media audience by responding to comments, messages, and inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Brainstorm and suggest social media strategies to increase brand awareness, reach, and engagement
- Analyze analytics to gauge the success of
- Collaborate with owners to align social media content with overall marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Ensure consistency in branding and messaging across all social media
- Stay up-to-date with emerging social media trends and platforms, and propose innovative ideas to enhance our social media presence to reach new audiences
Students may apply by sending their resume and a short note about why they want to do their internship at Harana Market, to Chris Mauricio (they/them) and Eva Tringali (she/her), Co-Owners, Harana Market, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A four-year, public liberal arts college located in the Hudson Valley region of New York.
Are you a passionate LGBTQ community ally pursuing a degree in film, design or social media? We’re seeking a freelance designer to amp up our social media presence to promote a documentary film 10 years in the making.
- Work with the Director and Editor to brainstorm ideas and create social media reels, posts, stories, etc.
- Develop eye catching and thumb-stopping social media posts
- Support the growth of followers and engagements through the creation of engaging visual content
- Strong understanding of creative design programs, including motion graphics and animation (Adobe or similar)
- Dynamic portfolio including a variety of graphics, animations, and video for social media
- Bonus: experience managing campaigns across Instagram, Facebook and TikTok
- Bonus: experience with social media analytics and reporting tools
- Out-of-the-box creative thinker
- Passion for supporting the LGBTQ community and being an ally for diversity, inclusion and equality
- Organized with high attention to detail
Compensation is hourly rate above minimum, depending on experience, at up to 10 hours per week to start. Hours can be flexible, but must have ability to video chat with the team as needed.
To apply, send resume, portfolio to:
Gene Fischer, Director, Hundred Fish Media
Governors Island is a popular year-round destination located in the middle of New York Harbor. For almost two centuries, the Island was closed to the public, operating as a military base for the U.S. Army and, later, the Coast Guard. Today, an award-winning park is complemented by dozens of unique historic buildings, educational and cultural facilities, a rich arts and culture program, and a 22-acre National Monument managed by the National Park Service. Looking ahead, the Island is envisioned to be further activated as a resource for all of New York City, with expanded educational, nonprofit, and commercial facilities.
POSITION: Digital Communications Intern for summer 2023
Apply to be an ONA23