The Woodstock Reformed Church in Woodstock is providing a unique opportunity for community-based education and experience in their Audio-Visual Department. They are offering a part-time paid position for a student interested in Live Sound Reinforcement and Live Streaming via Zoom. This opportunity would give students the chance to learn under sound engineer Ken Cayea.
If you haven’t already completed an internship for credit this will NOT count towards credit. If you have completed an internship for credit you can also receive 1 credit on top of the stipend.
Student would be required to work during church services every Sunday mornings from 9AM to 11:30AM, give or take- with an occasional evening event (lasting no more than 2-3 hours). The student would need to be respectful of the spiritual environment of the church.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Love of Music
- Acute Hearing and Discerning Listening abilities
- Familiarity with Apple and Zoom
- Multi-tasking skills
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to take direction
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Good Work Ethic
- Reliable Transportation
- Live locally preferred
- Ability to lift about 30lbs
- Starting up and shutting down the light, sound, and live stream systems
- Setting up and positioning sound reinforcement equipment for musicians, including: dynamic and condenser microphones, mic and music stands, amplifiers, balanced and unbalanced cables, direct-in boxes, effect boxes and pedals, as well as percussion instruments
- Conducting soundchecks prior to performances
- Adjusting and monitoring analog sound boards, various speakers, and live stream cameras
- Reviewing and understanding all equipment, their functions, and how they are integrated into the AV system
For consideration, please email Ken Cayea with a brief letter of interest describing your Experience!
Woodstock Reformed Church
16 Tinker St., Woodstock, NY 12498