The Voyager Scholarship was created by the Obamas and Brian Chesky, Airbnb Co-founder and CEO, to help shape such leaders. Even though they come from different backgrounds, both the President and Brian believe that exposure to new places and experiences generates understanding, empathy, and cooperation which equips the next generation to create meaningful change.
This scholarship gives college students financial aid to alleviate the burden of college debt, meaningful travel experiences to expand their horizons, and a network of mentors and leaders to support them.
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Plan to enroll full-time in their junior year of study at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States in Fall 2023. Eligible students are:
- Finishing sophomore year in Spring 2023. Applicants should be considered “juniors” based on the total number of earned credits at their institution by Fall 2023.
- Or transferring from a two-year to a four-year college for their 2023-2024 junior academic year.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to public service.
- Plan to pursue a career in public service upon graduation.
- Be a United States (US) citizen, US permanent resident (holder of a Permanent Resident Card), or an individual granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA).
Any further questions can be directed to Scholarship America at email@example.com.