Mercedes Rooney

Mercedes Rooney

ROLE 

As a language instructor, I am constantly looking for and implementing “fun” activities and projects to increase student participation and engagement in the physical or online classroom with various degrees of success. I can share with you what worked for me and might work for your class and how to write clear and concise instructions online, so students will read them. If you have ever been confused or baffled by Blackboard and other applications, know that I have most probably been there too, and I can help you navigate the seemingly dark corners of our digital world no matter how overwhelming the task might appear.

EDUCATION

• Maïtrise de langue vivante étrangère, Faculté des Lettres et Sciences Humaines, Université de Franche-Comté (France)
Mercedes Rooney
Mercedes Rooney

EXPERIENCE

• French Language Program Coordinator; International Internship Coordinator
  • Mentor and Supervisor for Adjunct Faculty, International Scholars and Teaching Assistants
  • Proctor for ACTFL Proficiency exam
  • American Council for Teaching of Foreign Languages (Member)
  • American Association of Teachers of French (Member)
  • American Association of University Supervisors, Coordinators, and Directors of Foreign Language Programs (Member)
  • GE Assessment (HUM)
  • French Club Faculty Advisor.

MENTOR STRENGTHS

Organization and pattern recognition might be my strongest skills. You can share with me what your goals are and I can help you find the tools to implement them in the simplest and most efficient way. Anyone I work with can count on my patience, sympathy, and nonjudgmental attitude.

COURSES

French language courses at all levels, The French Detective Novel, French Grammar & Syntax, French Phonetics, Theories and Techniques of Teaching a Foreign Language

HOBBIES

Reading (in French, Spanish, and English); Cooking