Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of the semester, students will:
- recognize the performance of feminism in the visual arts, popular culture, in politics, and in everyday life.
- analyze and critique the aesthetic, social, and political dynamics of feminist performance.
- demonstrate critical reading and writing competency in feminist Performance Studies.
- apply theoretical concepts to the performance of various feminist acts.
- Class Participation: 20 points
- Presentation on Feminist Performance: 15 points
- Perform Feminism Midterm: 20 points
- Improve a Wikipedia Page: 15 points
- Final Essay/Performance: 30 points
Participation is not just showing up to class, that is attendance. I expect you to be present as well as in attendance. Being present means coming to class prepared to engage, ask questions, and contribute to discussion. We are all responsible for the dynamics of the classroom, and your participation and preparedness are crucial to those dynamics.
We will begin each class by tweeting a question or commentary about the reading. We will end each class by tweeting something we’ve learned that day.
Students can earn extra credit by building the hashtag on their own time; a minimum of ten tweets over the course of the semester will earn you 5 points. Please be sure to keep track of your extra tweets (e.g. a word document with the links to your tweets, screengrabs, etc).
Required Formatting for Written Assignments:
All of your essays should follow these formatting requirements; neglecting to do so will cost you points:
- Double spaced (except header)
- Times New Roman
- 12pt. font
- 1” margins
- Either Chicago or MLA citation style, when necessary
Don’t forget your header! All papers should include a header at the top left of the page, as follows:
WOM335-01 Performing Feminism
Assignment (e.g. Midterm Essay)