Fernandez_ Extra Credit Tupac Ressurection

Published on: Author: fernandk14 Leave a comment

As soon as I began watching this documentary I was intrigued. As I saw images of MY very own neighborhood and also being that I am a Tupac fan. I was born and raised and still live in that area of Harlem. Seeing the elementary school that I walk pass everyday and the train station I go to everyday to take the train to work and school made me feel like I could relate to this documentary before it even  started. Something I learned is that Tupac’s grandfather was actually a black panther. Tupac spoke a lot about how it was not having a father and being raised by a woman. He shares that he felt he would have had more discipline and would have been taught manhood had he had a father figure in his life. He speaks on how he was very quiet and into reading and writing as a child which I find very interesting because that’s not how he appeared as an artist. Something else that stood out to me is that one of his goals was to perform at Apollo. I walk pass the Apollo theater so often and do not realize how much history is behind it. Black artists dreams came true in that theater and that really stood out to me and made me feel honored to be from Harlem. Something else that stood out to me is when he begins to speak on how when he moved to Baltimore and attended  a performing arts school he learned a lot more about music and was able to have conversations about art with his classmates that he could not have in his school back in Harlem. He states this is because in his new school there were mostly white kids who had money. He believed that had he stayed in Harlem he would have been a completely different person and would have taken on a different path. This to me just showed how difficult it can be for kids in my own home town to be successful in the Hip Hop career. I saw a lot of my friends’ experiences through this documentary.

Resurrectioncov.jpgImage result for tupac resurrectionImage result for tupac resurrection"Image result for tupac resurrection"