The Introduction to Human Subjects Research for new faculty will be hosted by Professor Jason Wrench (Communication) and conducted via WebEx. The workshop will be for new faculty members as well as any other faculty that would like to attend.
Please RSVP if you are interested in attending by emailing Roseann Merrill at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Thursday, October 8
Time: 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
(UTC-04:00 p.m.) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Meeting number: 171 356 0810
Join by video system
You can also dial 220.127.116.11 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
+1-415-655-0001 US Toll
Access code: 171 356 0810
We will have it recorded and post it on our HREB website.
1. Introduction to CITI training;
2. Introduction to PACS, PAC IRB Library, SOPs and Templates;
3. The ways a faculty member, external researcher or student requests a PACS account;
4. Student Classroom Exercises;
5. Briefly discuss Exempt Reviewer Training;
6. Discuss what is considered human subjects research;
7. Not Human Subjects determinations.