EBF Information Session
Wednesday, November 1st, at 6pm on ZoomRegister Here for link
**It is highly recommended that students attend the session to be a stronger applicant in the selection pool.**
The Emma Bowen Foundation (EBF) promotes a more diverse industry by recruiting promising students of color like you and placing them in multi-year PAID internships at some of the nation’s leading media and tech companies, such as Comcast NBCUniversal, Discovery, Hearst Television, the New York Times, the NFL, Spectrum, and ViacomCBS. Whether you’re interested in being a producer, a journalist, a web developer, an engineer, a business executive, a PR agent, a sales representative, or any other career in media or tech, the EBF Internship is here to help you get your start.
You are eligible to apply for an EBF Summer Internship if you meet ALL of the following:
- Are a student of color (Asian, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Black, Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, or Multi-Racial)
- Are a high school senior OR an undergraduate college student (undergraduates graduating in Spring 2024 are eligible to apply)
- Plan to attend or are currently a student at a four-year accredited U.S. college or university (This includes students who will transfer to a four-year accredited U.S. college or university in Spring 2024 or Fall 2024.)
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
- Are interested in pursuing a career in media, entertainment, and tech
- Are able to commit to a summer internship that will last at minimum 8 continuous weeks and which could be longer as required by the company’s internship duration. The internship is full-time and students work from 35-40 hours per week as determined by the partner company. (Note: Internships generally start in May or June. The internship start and end dates are determined by the partner company.)
- Are a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Must be 18 years of age prior to the start of the internship
Those who have graduated or will graduate before January 2024, please sign up for our ALL Multicultural Media Professionals “AMMP” Network here . The AMMP Network is open to EBF Alumni and experienced media, entertainment, and technology professionals of color at college graduate/entry-level, mid, senior, and executive levels.