The Legislative Gazette is seeking journalism and multi-media interns to serve as writers, photographers, copy editors, social media editors, podcast producers, and video content producers for the spring 2024 semester. More than $10K is available to provide Scholarships for qualified students (preference given to underrepresented students and those with financial hardship).
For students who have already applied for and have been approved to be ELIGIBLE to intern, this is the LAST CALL to secure an internship placement for FALL 2023.
- One (1) $5,000 scholarship is available for a student committing to at least 9 credit hours.
Four (4) $2,000 scholarships are available for students meant to help those traveling to and from Albany. Preference is given to highest credit enrollment first – 6 credit, then 5, then 4, then 3, etc.
- The Gazette needs students with writing, editing, publishing, social media, videography, and audio skills to produce a wide variety of news content daily.
- Opportunities for shooting and producing news video, short documentaries and other photo and video content for the Gazette’s website and social media channels, using new production equipment housed in the Albany newsroom.
- Gazette students will be covering the Governor’s State of the State Address, Budget Negotiations, Court of Appeals hearings, and legislation related to gun control, voting protections, conservation and environmental protections and other breaking stories.
- Students cover live press conferences in and around the State Capitol, rallies, protests, committee hearings, and live sessions of the State Assembly and State Senate.
- For more information about the internship, job duties, and the application process, please contact Professor James Gormley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Target Executive Store Interns will gain a realistic job preview of the Executive Team Leader role over an 8-week period and in multiple areas of the business to enhance guest experience and impact their store’s financial, team and operational performance. Interns will work closely with a mentor while learning different business areas and functions within their store.