Here’s an update on the incentives for students to participate in one of the best internships offered: The Legislative Gazette, online publication based in Albany, NY. This is an in-person internship in Albany, NY. **Scholarship applications are due January 27, 2023.
For the full explanation of Legislative Gazette internships, read this: https://hawksites.newpaltz.edu/dmjnews/2022/11/29/legislative-gazette-seeks-reporters-photographers-video-news-producers-media-managers-etc-for-spring-internships-in-albany-and-scholarships-are-available/
- One (1) $5,000 scholarship is available for a student committing to at least 9 credit hours.
Four (4) $2,000 scholarships are available for students meant to help those traveling to and from Albany. Preference is given to highest credit enrollment first – 6 credit, then 5, then 4, then 3, etc.
- The Gazette needs students with writing, editing, publishing, social media, videography, and audio skills to produce a wide variety of news content daily.
- Opportunities for shooting and producing news video, short documentaries and other photo and video content for the Gazette’s website and social media channels, using new production equipment housed in the Albany newsroom.
- Gazette students will be covering the Governor’s State of the State Address, Budget Negotiations, Court of Appeals hearings, and legislation related to gun control, voting protections, conservation and environmental protections and other breaking stories.
- Students cover live press conferences in and around the State Capitol, rallies, protests, committee hearings, and live sessions of the State Assembly and State Senate.
- For more information about the internship, job duties, and the application process, please contact Professor James Gormley at email@example.com