Proctors Collaborative is Accepting Applications for Spring and Summer Internships!

Proctors Collaborative in Schenectady is currently accepting applications for spring and summer internships in a variety of areas, seeking motivated college students who want credit and work experience!  It takes a lot of different departments to operate a theater, and they will have opportunities available in accounting, arts administration, graphic design, marketing, fundraising, I.T., theatre production management, and more!

The people here are enthusiastic and … don’t hesitate to make you feel included. I was able to see my work translate directly into the lives of the students that participate in the School of the Performing Arts; that is a feature I don’t think I would have been able to appreciate in a larger company. – Samantha Marie Garcia, Skidmore College

Gain meaningful work experience through an internship with one of upstate New York’s largest and most innovative arts organizations. With venues in three cities, a regional performing arts school, and a diverse range of programs and activities. Proctors Collaborative interns gain a deeper understanding of nonprofit and arts organizations while developing skills that can be utilized throughout their career in any field.

It has solidified that I want my career to be in the entertainment industry in some capacity. I have gained a lot of respect for what goes into making all of these shows run smoothly. – Michael Lembo, SUNY Cobleskill

Proctor Collaborative Internships are administered by the School of Performing Arts. Interns interact with Proctors Collaborative staff, faculty, patrons and students in these and many more programs and activities of the organization. Undergraduate and graduate areas of concentration include:

Accounting, Arts Administration, Dramaturgy, Graphic Design, Information Technology, Magazine Writing, Marketing, Nonprofit Management, Special Events & Fundraising, Theatre Production Management, and Video & Television Production.

I had a great time working with everyone and gaining real-world graphic design experience. – Melody Oliver, College of St. Rose

Motivated by the belief in the value of arts in education and a commitment to the youth of our community, Proctors Collaborative offers a variety of educational programs to tens of thousands of students each year through our School of the Performing Arts. The school offers fall, spring and summer internships throughout our organization to undergraduate and graduate students. Many internship opportunities are based at Proctors in Schenectady, but a limited number are available at Universal Preservation Hall in Saratoga and Capital Repertory Theatre in Albany.

I felt like I was always included in what was going on … and there were many opportunities to challenge myself and learn new things. – Marlaina Murphy, Penn State

For an overview of all internships visit:

PROCTORSCOLLABORATIVE.ORG/INTERNSHIPS

For more information contact Bill Geltzeiler, Youth and Community Programs Manager:

bgeltzeiler@proctors.org, (518) 382 3884 x152