It is Firelight’s mission to mentor our interns and give them the skills and experience to be the next generation of film, media, and arts administration professionals. Our internship program will give dedicated and driven participants the opportunity to assist our Firelight Media and Firelight Films teams with a variety of projects depending on their area of interest. Opportunities include the production and development of documentary film projects; graphic design and social video production; fundraising and arts administration, and more.
Firelight is two separate organizations with one mission: to support communities of color in front of and behind the camera. We seek interns in several departments: Production, Communication, Operations, Development. https://www.firelightmedia.tv/
Overall Intern Tasks and Activities
- Orientation – All interns will be invited to attend a group orientation session to learn about Firelight’s work and meet staff and fellow interns across all departments.
- Weekly Check-ins – Interns will be supported via weekly check-ins with department staff.
- Evaluations – Interns will be provided with a mid-term evaluation as well as a final evaluation from their direct supervisor(s) upon request.
- Lunch and Learn – Interns will participate in a series of lunches/meetings about different topics related to documentary production and arts administration.
- Masterclasses with Stanley Nelson – Interns will be invited to attend a series of Masterclasses with Stanley Nelson and other leading documentary filmmakers to gain insight into the field of documentary filmmaking and humanities scholarship.
Operations Department Associate Intern
The Operations Department Associate will support the Operations team in all operations & management related tasks that ensure that the business is able to run smoothly & efficiently. Intern will assist in the research of cutting edge new office software as well as new office protocols/procedures. Interested candidates should email email@example.com with “Firelight Internship” in the subject line.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring firstname.lastname@example.org email address and sending general replies to potential new hire candidates
- Monitoring email@example.com email address and sending general replies to potential future internship candidates and updating spreadsheet with potential candidate contact information
- Entering DVD & Screening requests from firstname.lastname@example.org email address into spreadsheet for follow up
- Support with special projects (retreats & staff team building activities)
Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- Previous experience/knowledge with Asana software
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive issues and information