Game day play-by-play broadcast announcers and social media interns needed for Summer 2021 in Salt Point, NY for FC Malaga City NY. Read on!
WELCOME TO FC Malaga City NY (FCMCNY). We are a Minor League Soccer team that participates in the USL2. Our ﬁeld is located in Salt Point NY. FCMCNY values unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualiﬁed individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The FCMCNY Broadcast & Social Media Internship is an UNPAID, 12-15-week program over the course of the summer, offering hands-on experience in Play by Play, GameDay Broadcasting, Editing and Social Media account management with a focus on delivering meaningful fan experiences. Our internship program is designed to provide you with a comprehensive learning experience by gaining practical experience working in a professional sports environment.
What’s in it for you:
Our intern experience provides professional-level learning in the following areas:
- Play by Play Broadcasting
- GameDay Camera Crew
- Social Media Marketing/Promotions
- GameDay set up and breakdown of broadcast equipment
- Editing and creation of promotional content
- Social Media Management
We will work with your educational institution to meet all of the requirements you need to receive credits for your internship towards your program or degree.
With our promote-from-within philosophy, interns who successfully complete the program are encouraged to apply to further their career with FCMCNY or our aﬃliate clubs in Minneapolis, Dallas or Malaga Spain with more locations planned for 2022!
OUR MUST HAVES – Apply if you meet all of them! Basic Qualiﬁcations:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Be legally authorized to work in the country of employment without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future
- Enrolled in an accredited college, university or program with a focus on broadcast journalism at time of internship
- Must submit an audition recording of a minimum of 45 minutes of play by play of a professional soccer match
- Be willing and able to work all scheduled hours which may include evenings and weekends
- Must be able to commit to the Play by Play Broadcast for 7 Home Games 5/15/21, 5/23/21, 6/1/21, 6/8/21, 6/15/21, 6/25/21, 7/6/21.
- Most non GameDay work will be executed Must have computer access, internet connectivity to work remotely and display the maturity and discipline necessary to handle independent project work.
EXTRAS TO HELP YOU STAND OUT – These are not required for you to be eligible to apply, but don’t be afraid to brag about any of the following:
- Prior work experience in Broadcasting, Camera work, social media management, editing and creative work on social media
- Ability to speak more than one language ﬂuently; Spanish speciﬁcally
- Extracurricular experiences (such as team sports, school newspaper, .)
- Active military experience
FCMCNY is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Aﬃrmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualiﬁed candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to: Chuck Omphalius, Sales, Marketing & USL General Manager FC Malaga City | New York
Join us: www.fcmalagacity-ny.com