This is Your Responsibilities Checklist:
- Schedule an appointment with your advisor. Go to my.newpaltz.edu page to find your Progress Report and advisor’s name.
- Review your Progress Report and graduation requirements. This is your responsibility, not the advisor’s.
- Review the Schedule of Classes (found at https://www.newpaltz.edu/classes/ ) before meeting with your advisor
- Check prerequisites, minimum grades and any restrictions for the classes you plan to take by clicking on the CRN link in the Schedule of Classes. If you do not have the appropriate prerequisites, you will be blocked from registering for that class.
- Build your desired schedule in MySchedulePlanner, found in my.newpaltz.edu > Registration > MySchedulePlanner. Choose several backups, in case your first choices fill.
- Meet with your advisor to review your Progress Report and major plan. You will be given a “release,” to register online at your appointed time assignment.
- Clear all holds before registration. If you have a hold on your account you will not be allowed to register at all – even if you have a “release” from your advisor.
- Register for classes at your scheduled time assignment by going to my.newpaltz.edu > Registration > MySchedulePlanner and adding your preferred schedule into cart and “checking out.” Make sure to check course availability prior in case some courses have filled up.