Cornell Cooperative Extension of Orange County seeks a student intern with experience in digital media marketing and communication for summer and fall positions.
The chosen individual will work with the Communications Liaison to assist in developing marketing, graphic design, and communication materials. This internship will also work within certain social media platforms under the direction of the Communications Liaison.
This is a remote internship for summer 2021. For Fall 2021 positions, there is a possibility of in-person work in Orange County and remote work.
General communications work:
- Digital media assets including photos, videos, and graphics
- Articles for newsletter(s) and/or Constant Contact
- Work to develop an annual communications calendar of events
- Website content
- Social media posts
- Google Analytic Reports
- Work with the Communication Liaison to build social media presence and following
- Work with Program staff to develop fliers and/or brochures
- Develop a Photo Library
General CCE Work:
- When available, promote/market CCE Orange County with a table at outreach events.
- When available (with photograph background), take photos at events, programs, etc.
- Gather information and prepare PowerPoint presentations if needed.
- Assist with general CCE Orange County office duties, if needed.
Interns will also participate in required orientation programs and attend in-service and in-depth courses as needed in relation to the program responsibilities.
Immediate supervision and coordination shall be provided by the Communications Liaison and Executive Director. The Intern will work assisting the Communications Liaison and Marketing Committee moving forward. This individual must know and abide by the Association Volunteer Policies.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required are:
- Experience or major equivalent to the position description (Communications, Digital Media, or Marketing Major) such as capturing and editing photos and videos, graphic design, analytics, and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral, written, internet, and visual channels.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to relate work effectively with diverse people and groups.
- Ability to organize work and set priorities.
- Ability to work as a team member but also to work independently.
- Ability to attend to details.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Ability to work well with others, i.e.: co-workers, advisors, community and volunteer leaders, administrators, and media.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Computer Skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite
- Various Social Media platforms
It is desirable, but not required, to be bi-lingual in Spanish and English.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and samples of work to Jenna Ricker at email@example.com.
Cornell Cooperative Extension associations provide equal program and employment opportunities. No person shall be denied employment on the basis of any legally prohibited discrimination involving, but not limited to, such factors as race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, or qualified disability.